- Area Serviced: Adirondack State Park and Northern New York State. SARNAK may be available for other areas if requested.
- Activation and Deployment: SARNAK can be activated by calling New York State Department of Environmental Conservation Dispatch in Ray Brook at 518-891-0235. SARNAK cannot be activated by individuals, only official emergency response agencies.
- Skills: All members DEC Basic Wildland Search certified. DEC Searcher 1 (Crew Boss) level searchers. All team members first aid and CPR certified at minimum. Proficient in Type III grid searches as well as Types I, II, and II modified searches. Adept at emergency response, medical emergencies, carry-outs and low angle rescues and evacuations.
- Team Equipment: Low angle rescue kit; three litters; wilderness first aid and hypothermia treatment gear; hand-held radios compatible with state and emergency channels.
- Medical: Members must be certified in first aid and CPR. Medical certifications of team members include Wilderness First Aid, Wilderness First Responder and Emergency Medical Technician.
SARNAK incurs a variety of annual and one-time expenses ranging from mileage and medical training reimbursements for members to insurance payments and equipment purchases. Donations of any size are welcome and very much appreciated.
All donations of $10 or more will receive a thank-you letter and SARNAK logo sticker.
SARNAK is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
Mail a check or money order to:
Search and Rescue of the Northern Adirondacks
PO Box 1116
Saranac Lake, NY 12983